Gastritis is considered a common condition that affects both adults and children. The treatment of inflammation of the gastric mucosa must be comprehensive: it includes medications recommended by the doctor, exercise therapy and a healthy lifestyle. The primary role in the treatment of pathology is attributed to the nutritional diet - a diet for gastritis can eliminate the unpleasant symptoms and prevent further deterioration of the patient's condition.
Diet for gastritis: basic principles
Diet is a special diet. It includes foods, meals and drinks that release the gastric mucosa and can adjust the intensity of gastric acid secretion.
When gastritis has not yet led to stomach wall pathology and manifests itself with low intensity, a balanced diet is enough to overcome the disease.
Gastritis diets are not just a list of allowed and forbidden foods.
This is a special approach to nutrition, which implies the observance of important principles:
- Limit food to the first two days of the acute stage of the disease. Some doctors recommend the complete rejection of food in the first hours of deterioration, the organization of a day of fasting. Cold weak tea and mineral water are allowed. This approach will allow the stomach to "take a break" from digesting food and restore efficiency.
- From the second day of deterioration, the diet includes liquid oatmeal, jelly, low-fat mashed potatoes in water and soft-boiled eggs.
- You should eat in fractions - in small portions throughout the day. The optimal shape is 5-6 meals every 3-4 hours. It is not allowed to increase the number of "approaches" and take long breaks between them. You are also not allowed to eat at night - the last meal should be 3 hours before going to bed.
- Consumption of fluids (tea, juices, water) should be at least half an hour after eating. Water reduces the concentration of gastric juices, thus making digestion difficult. It is allowed to drink a glass of still water before eating.
- Eat salty foods whenever possible and try to cook salt-free food.
- One-ingredient dishes are preferred for gastritis, where many products are not mixed at the same time. The food should be simple and healthy, so that the stomach is not overloaded
- In the process of eating, you must carefully chew every bite and every spoon - the food will be pre-processed in the mouth and it will be easier for the stomach to deal with digestion.
- There is a strict ban on dry food and snacks on the go or in a hurry.
- In acute situations, the ban applies to all raw vegetables and fruits.
- The temperature of the food should be comfortable, hot or cold food will irritate the stomach even more.
- It is best to cook food for gastritis for a maximum of 2 days. If food is stored longer, its nutritional value will be lost and most of the beneficial vitamins will be destroyed.
- Cooked meals should only be stored in the refrigerator, before eating, reheated to a pleasant temperature.
- For cooking, use only fresh produce purchased at reputable retail stores. Otherwise, food poisoning with severe poisoning can also be added to gastritis.
- Prefer products without preservatives, dyes, harmful food additives and flavor enhancers.
Patients with gastritis should not give up physical activity. In contrast, moderate stress exercise, swimming, yoga will promote the rapid digestion of food. Also, special attention should be paid to a healthy lifestyle - do not smoke, do not consume alcoholic beverages, follow the daily routine.
What you can eat with gastritis
Every diet, including inflammation of the stomach, should provide the body with a sufficient amount of nutrients and energy, be comprehensive and sensible.
The acute illness diet has many limitations, but the list of foods is generally extensive.
It is considered the most beneficial food for patients with gastritis. Everyone, regardless of the form of the disease, should start the morning with cereals. They are saturated with carbohydrates, supply the body with energy and trace elements, and due to their fiber content, improve the functions of the stomach and intestines.
- Oatmeal in the form of flakes is the No. 1 dish on the list of allowed foods for gastritis. The liquid consistency of the porridge, boiled in water or milk, helps relieve stomach cramps and relieves inflammation. Oats are used as a dish or dessert, adding sugar, permitted fruits and dried fruits.
Semolina - boils quickly and has a fine consistency, promotes accelerated breakdown of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- Millet. Millet porridge is rough even after cooking, so it is better to take it in small quantities and in case of peroxidic gastritis it should be discarded.
- Rice is a mild grain that, when boiled, forms mucus that surrounds the walls of the stomach. You can eat rice porridge with worsening gastritis with low and high acidity. If the disease is accompanied by constipation, you should not eat rice.
- Barley porridge surrounds the gastric mucosa well. But you have to cook it properly - boil it in water, waiting for the cereal to boil completely, while maintaining the moisture of the dish.
- Buckwheat is a panacea for high acidity. Buckwheat cooked in the form of milk soup is useful, it is rich in protein and iron.
Wheat porridge is allowed in the remission stage of the disease, as the hard grains are insufficiently digested and irritate the stomach. When cooking, they achieve full boiling and a fine porridge texture.
First lessons for gastritis
Soups included in the diet should be cooked in a weak broth. Bones, fatty meats and spices are not used in cooking. The ingredients for the soup should be very finely chopped, ideally puree. For a thicker meal, you can add toasted wheat flour. Delicious soups are obtained, cooked on the basis of oatmeal and rice, with the addition of vegetables, but not butter.
What to eat with gastritis from the first lessons:
- Rice and milk soup with vegetable broth?
- Potato soup with carrots and olive oil?
- Rice soup with lean meat and parsley
- Chicken soup with carrots, potatoes and dill?
- Pumpkin puree soup in water or vegetable broth?
- Low fat fish soup with parsley and carrots
- Beef broth borscht - boiled beets and put on a plate after cooking.
By connecting the imagination and combining the allowed types of products for gastritis, you can prepare a variety of soups - delicious and healthy.
Fish and meat when gastritis
Fish is considered to be the main supplier of protein to the body, except that its meat is digested quickly and does not overload the digestive system. Omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids repair damaged stomach epithelium and act as an antioxidant.
The benefits of fish for gastritis depend on the fat content and the way it is cooked. You are only allowed to eat low-fat fish: pollock, cod, cod, navaga, sea lemon and turbot. The product should be consumed only after heat treatment, with the exception of frying. The fish can be steamed and cooked in a slow cooker, eaten boiled, steamed fish cakes, meatballs, soufflés and fish soup.
Salted fish is forbidden for gastritis, but in a recession you are allowed to eat only a small amount of homemade herring. In this case, you can independently control the amount of salt in the product and not hurt the stomach.
Meat is heavy and difficult for the body to digest. But dietary meals with meat in moderation will help restore the gastric mucosa through the intake of protein. Allowed meats include rabbit, turkey, chicken and beef. But with one condition: the product must be low in fat and not fried. It is best to boil or simmer the meat before use; in the recession stage, you are allowed to eat cooked meat products. It is better to grind the meat in minced meat - in this way it is digested faster - and use it for cooking cutlets, meatballs, zraz, pasta, meatballs.
Doctors advise not to mix meat with other foods, otherwise the stomach may not face the dish.
Raw vegetables should only be eaten during the remission period of the disease. At the same time, gastroenterologists advise to keep a food diary that records the body's reaction to each species. Vegetables should not contain coarse fibers that irritate the walls of the stomach. They must be boiled or cooked.
What you can eat for gastritis:
- Orange and red vegetables - pumpkin, squash, carrots, yellow peppers, yellow tomatoes, beets and red potatoes.
- Green vegetables - Brussels sprouts, asparagus, peppers, peas and spring onions.
- White and purple - Eggplant, cauliflower, parsnips and potatoes.
Green vegetables should be restricted for acute gastritis. In addition to worsening the pathology, you can eat cucumbers, peeled and grated. Vegetables can be used not only to make soups, but also delicious mashed potatoes, soufflés, side dishes, stews and pots.
Fruits, berries, melons
A list of fruits you should and should not do for gastritis,includes these fruits:
- Apples. With any stomach acidity, you should only buy sweet varieties and eat them without peels and seeds. Baked apples are considered a diet dish - they contain a large amount of vitamins and pectins, which improve digestion and promote health.
- Bananas. A universal product for every form of gastritis. However, in the acute stage, you should not eat more than one banana a day: half in the morning and evening. Only fruits with a light yellow skin are good for eating - too much and too much bananas can cause heaviness and discomfort in the stomach.
- Pears. They are considered a safe and useful product for the digestive system. They normalize the function of the intestine and remove toxins.
- Watermelon and melon. In small quantities, melons can be included in the diet, but not in the early varieties. Only those fruits that are sold until the end of August are suitable for eating - they contain less nitrates.
- Raspberry. You can eat in moderation in grated form, it is especially useful with reduced stomach acidity. Berries compensate for the lack of B vitamins and minerals.
- Sweet cherry - allowed for any type of stomach pathology.
All fresh berries and fruits contain acids that can irritate the stomach. The following is a list of the safest fruits. But it is better if they undergo heat treatment before being included in the diet.
You can make delicious fruit drinks, berry jellies and compotes, roasting pears and apples. There is an exception to the pathology with insufficient secretion - these patients can eat citrus fruits, berries and fruits in their first form. To avoid fermentation, it is better to eat the fruit separately from the first and second course.
Dairy products and eggs
Dairy products should be included in the diet for gastritis. Whole milk as a standalone drink is consumed in moderation - it is difficult to break down and takes a long time to digest. Better to add it to tea, cereals and soups. Goat's milk will be useful for gastritis. It is believed that it can relieve inflammation of internal organs.
Curd is also good. Pots, cheesecakes and lazy pasta are made. If you want, you can eat fresh cottage cheese - just rub it with a fine sieve.
Hard cheese is allowed in minimal doses - mild and unsalted. Allowed products include fermented milk and low-fat sour cream, yogurt and acidophilus
Steamed omelette is made from eggs, boiled but not boiled, and no more than one egg daily.
Flour and sweets
Croutons and old white bread have a good effect on the lining of the stomach. Crackers can be soaked in weak tea. Every other day, it is allowed to add uncooked cookies without chocolate or uncooked rolls to the diet. As a side dish, you can use pasta and pasta.
- Semolina pudding?
- Homemade sweet fruits.
- Souffle with curd?
- Natural fruit jelly?
- Non-acidic dried fruits aged in hot water.
With gastritis, the following fruit and vegetable juices are allowed: from sweet apples, cherries, pears, peach, cabbage, tomato and potato juices. Juices should be diluted with cold water and drunk hot.
Rosehip broth, green tea, weak black tea with milk, compote, even mineral water, jelly are useful for stomach problems.
Must not be gastritis
Proper nutrition in inflammation includes avoiding foods that irritate the stomach walls, inhibit digestion and cause excessive fermentation. For any form of gastritis, the following are prohibited:
- Rye and freshly baked bread?
- French fries
- All the strong fatty broths?
- Classic borscht with tomato and fried.
- Fried dishes with meat and fish.
- Smoked meats, sausages and hot dogs?
- Fatty fish species, including canned fish.
- Spicy salty hard cheeses?
- Glass with glass?
- Sour cream and high fat cream
- Ice cream?
- Cakes and pastries?
- Grapes and juices from it.
- Turnip and radish?
- All kinds of mushrooms?
- Canned, pickled vegetables and pickles.
- Coffee - brewed and instant?
- Tea with strong brewing.
- Soda and kvass bread?
- Chocolate and chocolates?
- Drinks with radishes?
- Nuts and seeds?
- Ginger and hot spices?
- All kinds of sauce, mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish
- Margarine, pastry fats and salted butter.
When preparing a diet, it is imperative to make diagnostics to determine the level of acidity and secretory function of the stomach. With general dietary recommendations, foods for gastritis with high and low acidity can vary considerably.
Diet # 1
This is a diet with high acid gastritis. Its purpose is to protect the mucous membrane from mechanical and chemical irritants. Eliminate or limit foods that can stimulate active gastric acid production.
Diet table number 1 imposes taboos on thick, spicy, "sokogonny" food, smoked meat, salty foods. The dishes are served pureed, steamed or boiled. Baking is allowed, but without crust. In addition to the above prohibited items, the list includes:
- Pastries, puffs;
- Millet porridge, corn, yak, pearl barley?
- Bors, sketches?
- Greens - Garlic, Sorrel and Spinach
- Sour, unripe, fiber-rich fruits and berries.
- Fried and hard boiled eggs.
- Kefir and fermented milk
- All types of citrus.
The diet is complete, it includes the optimal amount of substances that are necessary for the proper functioning of human organs and systems, improving the condition of the stomach.
Diet # 2
Designed for the diet of patients with hypoxic gastritis. This form of the disease is accompanied by reduced gastric secretory function. The purpose of the diet is to stimulate the secretion process, but at the same time to protect the mucous membrane from mechanical stimuli. Foods that can cause fermentation in the stomach and intestines, as well as dishes that are difficult and take a long time to digest. Foods with a variety of chopped ingredients and different cooking methods are allowed - cooked, boiled, cooked, moderately fried. Vegetables and fruits rich in fiber appear grated.
Do not have gastritis with low acidity:
- Pearl, millet, corn and barley porridge - limited.
- Soups with milk?
- First dishes of peas and beans?
- Rough, fibrous meat and poultry?
- Salted and smoked fish?
- Raw, unwashed vegetables.
- Rough varieties of berries and fruits in their first form.
- Dates and figs?
- Sour cream, dairy products with high acid content - limited.
- Hard boiled eggs.
Gastritis is one of the few pathologies that can be treated with a well-designed diet. You need to be patient, rethink your lifestyle and take a closer look at your health.
Diets are prescribed for the period of disease exacerbation. As inflammatory processes disappear, they gradually change to the usual but sensible diet. Restrictions still apply to foods that can worsen the pathology and heaviness in the stomach.